So yes, I am one week away from another birthday......
I like gifts on my birthdays, not necessarily cake. (Not a big fan of frosting.) But next Sunday I AM going to have a piece of cake. And the very next day I am really doing this--->
I am starting a 28 Day Energy Reset.
Which means no cake for awhile....
(Before you exit the screen--this is not a diet.)
This is a cold hard look at four pivotal areas of life that are sucking the life right out of us:
I call them Energy Vampires:
- Toxic Thoughts: Pretend you just woke up. What is the first thought you hear? Is it a positive thought?
- Toxic Food: What is the food you can't get enough of? Does it leave you feeling "fed" in a good way or empty, bloated, inflamed and probably still hungry? There are also hidden vampires in our everyday food like milk, bread and meat.
- Toxic Products: This category is hard to illustrate because most of the vampires in plastics, furniture, cleaners, makeup, detergents, lotions, soaps and personal care products are invisible and they wreak havoc over time. However, if you have cleaned with bleach or used aerosol deodorant or hairspray you know how it can irritate your lungs and eyes. You might be surprised what it is doing to your other body systems.
- Toxic Habits: These vampires can be people in your life or chronic crutches you turn to. How do you break free from them for good?
I am currently working on healing an underactive thyroid and my personality leads me to get to the bottom of it. I am the investigate, research-hungry type. So naturally I turned to a book that provided me a way forward.
So Here's My Why for The Energy Reset:
- I am tired of being chilled, having cold hands and feet and wearing my jacket when others are in tank tops.
- I am tired of being irritable and short with my family to the point of wanting to hide in my closet.
- I am tired of the fatigue after working a full day or doing the weekly grocery shopping.
- I am tired of waking up with inflammation in my joints after eating junk right before bed.
- I am tired of the low libido. (yes I said it.)
Don't get me wrong. I have made major gains with attitude, inflammation, fatigue and libido in the last 4 years.
Which only came after I did the mind work, made some healthy food swaps and committed to a complete product overhaul at our house. Loads of sanctification and grace, but I still have a ways to go.....
And I thought if I have a ways to go, why not invite others to go with me? Maybe you have a ways to go too?
Maybe the issue isn't your thyroid. Maybe it's another autoimmune disorder like arthritis, lupus, celiac, spondylitis, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, endometriosis, restless leg syndrome? There's too many to list.
Maybe the issue is in your gut--the indigestion, the bloating, the heartburn, the extra weight.
Maybe the issue is your mental health--depression, anxiety, panic.
Maybe it's the lack of sleep.
Maybe it's the loneliness.
Maybe it's the stress.
Maybe it's the fear.
Whatever it is it is zapping you of energy!
This is what I found to be true in my own energy war:
Without energy I cannot take care of me...
I cannot take care of others....
I cannot serve others, because I will not feel like serving.
I cannot create.
We are called to do all 4 of these things.
In this group we will reset our energy! We will learn alongside each other, hold each other accountable, and celebrate our successes together!
There will be no cost to join the Energy Reset. You can spend literally nothing and complete the challenge.
However, I will post a suggested materials and supplies list inside the Energy Reset Facebook group if you want to take it to the next level. These are books, products* and materials I will be relying on during the challenge. Almost all of them I have used before with great success.
I will post a focus point for everyday of the Energy Reset.
I'm also excited about some of the experts and testimonials I am bringing into the group surrounding our four focus areas: thoughts, food, products and habits. They have all lifted me up in these four areas and I know they will do the same for you!
Look for fun giveaways too!
Let's Seek Energy & Pursue it Together,
Click Here to Get my Energy Reset Guide and Register for the Challenge that starts May 4: https://getoiling.com/JaceyMesser/page/energy-reset.
*Some of the products I suggest, I will earn a commission on orders that are placed.
Whoa! I don't know about you but there are some BIG FEELINGS floating around at our house this week.
Going on Week 5 of NO SCHOOL-- with no end in sight.
Both Mitch and I are working from home. Super thankful for that, but the WiFi is screaming for mercy.
Trouble is the BIG FEELINGS aren't just coming from the kids......ya know what I mean?
A wise man once said "all fear stems from a lack of control."
And pretty much every human is keenly aware of how little control they have right now.
Last night, I had to give myself a pep talk and remind myself that there are 4 areas of my life I still have control over:
1) My Mouth
I have power over what goes into it:
If I eat mac and cheese for lunch for the next 30 days can I really expect to feel good? When I eat enough fruits, veggies and fiber my digestion is consistent and I think with clarity. I know I need protein for lunch. When I eat protein at lunch I can stay away from the sugar at 3 pm. If I don't stay away from the sugar, my immune system gets surpressed. That is the last thing I want right now. I also choose to take my supplements everyday, which makes a big difference in my energy level and my immunity as well. Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Zinc are all crucial RIGHT NOW.
I have power over what comes out of it:
I listened to a fabulous IGTV Video from Brendon Bruchard the other day about NOT COMPLAINING. Even though it is a global pandemic and an election year, if I commit to describing--not complaining--I will not go down rabbit holes of emotional expenditure that only serve to unduly stress me out.
2) My Eyes & Ears
I have the power to shut the TV off, stop scrolling news on Facebook and refrain from listening to the News on Alexa or the radio. I find myself to be more anxious the more news I try and consume at this point.
I also have the power to tell my kids NO when it comes to TV, YouTube and Tik Tok.
You're welcome for the permission to do the same.
3) My Nose
I have the power to make a mental reset and use my nose to do so. I know it only takes 22 seconds for the molecules from pure essential oils to impact my limbic system--the emotional switch board of my brain. Here are 3 ways I do that:
- Turn on a diffuser at my workspace with my favorite essential oils to reduce my anxiety.
- Head outside to the patio to take a moment to breathe and smell the orange blossoms blooming.
- Head to the bathroom, lock the door, roll on my favorite essential oil blend behind my ears, under my nose and on my wrists when I am feeling overwhelmed.
4) My Touch
I have the power to diffuse a tense family situation with a hug rather than terse words or harsh correction right now. These are unprecedented times for ALL OF US. We are all feeling our way through this with no prior experience and no instruction manual. So extra grace and more snuggles may be the answer for right now.
Which one of these four do you need to focus on tomorrow?
Click this link and drop your email address to read more of my blogs, find out which supplements we take and get my guide to a calm mind.
Seek Peace & Pursue It With Abandon,
Do you find it hard to focus after scrolling through the news, listening to the radio or watching TV?
Does your chest feel tight when you think about what the future holds?
Are you experiencing "germxiety" and cleaning at a manic level?
Are you paranoid about you or someone close to you getting infected?
First of all let me just point out that all of these feelings are grounded in real fears. You didn't just fabricate them in your mind. In fact, this global crisis has unearthed almost all of the six basic fears that every human experiences:
- fear of death
- fear of ill health
- fear of loss of love of someone
- fear of criticism
- fear of old age
- fear of poverty
It it quite possible that many people will experience all six of these simultaneously during this pivotal time in history. You can read more about these in depth here.
I am writing this blog post to inject some hope and a sense of control back into your life right now.
Let's explore 6 practices you can adopt to put your mind and body at ease:
1. Spend your First Moments of the Day Doing one of these Mindfulness Exercises.
- guided meditation
- journaling your thoughts
- reading an inspirational book
- listening to a motivating podcast
This practice sets the tone for the entire day. Don't skip it. Rotate if you must, but don't skip. I do this before my feet hit the ground. It doesn't have to be long or formal.
2. Actually Get Dressed and Keep up your Personal Hygiene Habits, even if you are Working Remotely, Home with the Kids or Seeking Employment.
One of my former co-workers would wear a jacket and tie to work everyday--even Fridays--whether he had to be in court that day or not. He said when he didn't follow this morning routine, he felt his performance at work slip away. So take that shower, shave, put on a little makeup and leave the pj pants in the closet. But go ahead and wear those slippers to the zoom meeting. No one will notice.
3. Slip some CBD Oil in Your Morning Cup of Coffee or Under your Tongue.
CBD oil is all over the place right now. It is praised for it's ability to bring homeostasis to the body. Fans of CBD oil love it for increased focus, reduction in pain, elevation in mood, increased memory retention and its calming properties. All CBD is not created equal. Because the hemp plant is known for it's ability to filter contaminants such as heavy metals and pesticides from the soil, it is important to know your CBD farmer so these poisons do not end up in your CBD oil bottle. The CBD company I recommend is transparent, affordable and 0 THC. Plus the flavors are yummy. Cinnamon CBD oil in your coffee is delish. My son loves the Citrus flavor best. Many friends prefer the Mint flavor.
4. Make Yourself Sweat--Preferably in the Sun.
Exercise is easier said then done, is it not? Plus right now the gym is closed. Don't sweat it though. Exercise doesn't have to be complicated. A walk around your neighborhood, riding bike with the kids or even 20 jumping jacks will get your lymphatic system moving and your heart pumping. Study after study proves that exercise is good for your mental health. Maybe you can even talk your former gym buddies or co-workers into a group exercise session on Zoom.
Bonus points if you take your workout outside. We all need the maximum amount of Vitamin D we can get right now to stay well. Natural Vitamin D is only found in a few food sources--egg yolks, fatty fish, beef liver and some cheeses. The only other source of it is sunlight on bare skin. So take that yoga mat to the patio or the backyard and break a sweat in the sun if you can.
5. Keep your Stress Hormones in Check.
Cortisol is the body's main stress hormone. Think of it as the alarm center of your body that is triggered by stress. In times like these, you may feel like your body is in a constant state of alarm. There are a few practices you can adopt that will help keep your stress hormones leveled off:
- Do rely on natural sunlight to wake you up by keeping your blinds open a crack. Sunlight releases cortisol needed to wake.
- Do limit your caffeine. Caffeine raises your cortisol levels, over and over and over......
- Do give up complaining. Attaching emotion to negative thoughts and then speaking them out loud raises corisol.
- Do use a calming essential oil when you start to feel alarmed. Our sense of smell is directly tied to our emotions. Aromatherapy studies prove that inhaling essential oils can calm our emotions in as little as 22 seconds.
- Do binge watch funny TV shows or movies--laughter is the best stress reliever right now. And if you're on the couch anyway....
6. Honor the Sacredness of Sleep.
Without sleep during this chaotic time, you will wear yourself out. If you're anything like me, the less sleep I get the crabbier I am with my loved ones and the more panicked I feel. Here are a few tips to get your zzzzzz:
- Take a relaxing detox bath with some epsom salts and baking soda.
- Play calming spa music to fall asleep.
- Drink some chamomile tea or pop a melatonin supplement 90 minutes before bed.
- Get your diffuser going with my Calm Mind Diffuser recipe.
- Shut off media 1 hour before bed.
- Write a letter or read a book or magazine to fall asleep.
One year from now we will look back on this time in history and remember how we responded in the day to day.
Click this link now to learn more about some of the tools I mentioned above to cope with stress, anxiety and sleep issues. https://getoiling.com/JaceyMesser/landing/calm-cbd-landing-page.
Seek Peace & Pursue It.